Roadmaps & Action Monitoring
Implementation Roadmaps (IRs) emanated from the 7th World Water Forum are a formal mechanism for tracking and monitoring progress with sixteen themes related to water issues between each triennial gathering of the World Water Forum.
Consisted of nineteen organizations that took a lead in implementing sixteen different themes, DGIC Champions and core group members were determined to execute voluntary actions to achieve their goals and objectives identified in the Implementation Roadmaps.
Korea Water Forum on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Korea and World Water Council cooperate to support the Implementation Roadmaps and its relative activities.
To ensure continuity, to catalyze action, and to contribute to complementary global endeavors
To implement actions that move forward on water and to continuously monitor progress
- Implementation Roadmap special session in the 8th World Water Forum, 'From the 7th to the 8th World Water Forum: Three years of Implementation Roadmap'
- Publishing Synthesis report of IR
- The 2nd IR review meeting at the KIWW 2017
- The 1st IR review meeting at the KIWW 2016
- Publishing IR progress report
- Total four IR reports were published in April and October 2016, and April and September 2017.
- Yearly operating Action Monitoring System
- MoU between Korea Water Forum and World Water Council on the cooperation for IR related activities
- Declaration of Daegu-Gyeongbuk Implementation Commitment at the closing of the 7th World Water Forum
Managing Action Monitoring System
- The Implementation Roadmaps translate efforts across the global water community into specific sets of actions which are monitored through the online Action Monitoring System (AMS).
The online AMS shows progress on the Implementation Roadmaps in real time. The interactive platform is a space for partners to voluntarily present, update, and report progress on the Implementation Roadmaps in a consistent format.
Publishing Implementation Roadmap report
- IR progress reports have been published twice a year since March 2016, by displaying progress provided by DGIC Champions available on AMS website from 2015.
It aims to update and highlight the whole progress achieved based upon consistent efforts of Champions and the members of Core groups after the 7th World Water Forum towards the 8th World Water Forum.
The synthesis report was published at the 8th World Water Forum.(March 2018)
Hosting Implementation Roadmap review meeting
- The Implementation Roadmaps Review Meeting is an occasion for the DGIC champions to share IRs achievements and lessons learned. It is also place to discuss concrete linkage between the 7th and the 8th World Water Forum and the way forward with other water agenda.
Implementation Roadmap Review Meeting 2017 Results
- 7th World Water Forum Daegu-Gyeongbuk Implementation Commitment (DGIC) Implementation Roadmap Champion, 8th World Water Forum Thematic Process Theme Coordinator (International organizations, NGOs, etc.), World Water Council, etc.
Champion's sharing of progress and self assessment of the Implementation Roadmaps
- Positive evaluation made on the publishing of the Report, and encouragement on active participation in further implementation roadmaps.
Connectivity between the Implementation Roadmap and the 8th World Water Forum
- Agreed that the Implementation Roadmap Platform enables ongoing communication and continuity for building further partnership.
Special session on the Thematic Process of the 8th World Water Forum
- Special session will be operated by the World Water Council, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of Rep. of Korea, and Korea Water Forum inviting the Champions to highlight IR's successful story during the three years of the contribution to the global water challenges.
Plans for the Final Report
- The Final Report will be issued in the 8th World Water Forum, including the substantial messages of the Implementation Roadmap, case studies, and the integrated of the previous four reports.
Implementation Roadmap Review Meeting 2016 Results
- 7th World Water Forum Daegu-Gyeongbuk Implementation Commitment (DGIC) Implementation Roadmap Champion, 8th World Water Forum Thematic Process committee, World Water Council, etc.
Discussion on improvement of the Action Monitoring System as a tool to enhance ‘implementation’, the core value of the 7th World Water Forum- Shared the up-to-date progress of the Implementation Roadmap and seek for complementary options to support the World Water Forum.
Connectivity between the Implementation Roadmap and the 8th World Water Forum - Discussed the role of Implementation Roadmap within the World Water Forum’s Thematic Process framework
mplementation Roadmaps & Action Monitoring System
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org